Dale, Forty & Co. Ltd. Fine Pianos.
Founded in 1873 in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, partners Henry Dale and Frank Forty, formerly piano tuners with the Broadwood company purchased the established music house of Finlayson. The newly named Dale, Forty & Co. also acquired Hale & Co. music publishers by appointment to the Queen. Their magnificent music warehouse dominated the town’s famous Regency Promenade. Situated opposite Neptune’s Fountain, Dale, Forty sold absolutely everything to do with music, instruments, gramophones and later, radio. The Dale, Forty piano workshops imported all major marques of piano, repaired and reconditioned customers’ instruments and by the late 1900s manufactured a range of uprights and small grands, many of which are still in service today. By the early 20th Century, Dale, Forty had upwards of sixty shops throughout the Midlands and Wales, a tuning and repair service covering more than half of the country, together with a showroom and offices in Great Portland Street, London.
Dale, Forty pianos are both beautiful and built to last. Our uprights are in daily use at Cheltenham College Junior School in their Music School, The Cheltenham Playhouse Theatre, Corraine Collins Dance Studios and the University of Gloucestershire’s Popular Music Studio.
Prices start from just £2,995.
We invite you to try the range for yourself at Cheltenham Piano Centre, 52 Winchcombe Street, Cheltenham GL51 2ND. Compare the virtues of the new Dale, Forty pianos with those from other manufacturers costing much more!